Doing What Changeling Tried to Do but Better
Created by: Shadowmech88
Changeling was inspired by The Thing, but it does a very poor job of capturing The Thing's atmosphere. Reasons being:
- It is mildly difficult to absorb people without them shouting for help via radio, you being seen, or their husk being discovered.
- There is very little incentive to bother impersonating those you absorb. What this leads to is, instead of a constant feeling of suspense and distrusting your allies, it becomes a monster hunt similar to how vampires are dealt with.
I think we should brainstorm a gametype meant to be what changeling initially tried to be. My ideas are:
- Single antagonist, similar to wizard.
- Can absorb people very quickly, within one or two seconds.
- Can activate horror form at any time.
- Horror form makes them extremely vunerable to burn damage as well as increasing their speed and damage.
- Must be in horror form to absorb victims.
- Upon absorbing a victim, their body disappears, and you take their identity until you trigger horror form again.
- No genome count or upgrade path, absorptions are incentivized by the player dying if they go too long without feeding.