Can't reset R&D research, re-linking machinery to R&D console is fucky
Created by: 9600bauds
- Used the "Reset R&D Database" setting: didn't do anything
- Turned off the APC main breaker, thus depowering the console: didn't do anything
- Unscrewdrivered the monitor and screwdrivered it back in: Research levels still the same, all devices unlinked. Couldn't link devices again, as they were not being detected by the console any more.
- Was only able to re-sync with machinery after screwdrivering their panel open and then close, at which point they would be detected by the R&D console again.
- Completely disassembled the R&D console. Re-built it in a different location of the same room. Research remained.
- Completely disassembled the R&D console. Re-built it in central hallway. Research remained. (!)
- Turned off power to R&D server room. Turned off power to Research and Development. Re-installed console in Research and Development, and returned power. Research remained.
- Detonated bomb in R&D server room. Turned off console. Turned on console. Research remained.
- Committed suicide with a wrench. Research remained.
- Returned to life, restored the world to normal, used the R&D server console to try to delete designs. Was finally able to reset research levels. Was unable to delete individual designs, however.
There were never any runtimes at any point of the exercise.